What is the Catalyst 2030 movement?
Catalyst 2030 is a global movement of social change innovators. It comprises NGOs, social entrepreneurs, intermediaries, funders and other social change innovators, collaborating in this urgent moment to achieve the United Nations Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs).
When was Catalyst 2030 founded and who is behind it?
Catalyst 2030 was started in July 2019 by leading social entrepreneurs from Ashoka, Echoing Green, Schwab Foundation for Social Entrepreneurship, Skoll Foundation and other other global networks of social entrepreneurs and social innovators. The movement was officially launched at the World Economic Forum in Davos in January 2020. A month later more than 80 co-founders held the inaugural meeting of Catalyst 2030 at the Althorp Estate in Northampton (UK) to craft a collective roadmap for the years ahead. It is currently being incubated by the One Family Foundation in Amsterdam (NL).
Where is it headquartered?
How is Catalyst 2030 organised?
Catalyst 2030 is its membership – engaging and working together on progressing towards common goals.
- General Assembly is made up of all members and is the cornerstone of Catalyst 2030 – it sets its direction and celebrates successes
- Governing Council develops the strategic plan based on agreed policy direction and drives its execution
- Chief Facilitator is the shepherd of Catalyst 2030 and is working in the background; responsible for day-to-day operations
- Local Chapters are member groups which take responsibility for part of the Catalyst 2030 mission in a country/region
- Working Groups, consisting of members, set the direction and guide (a part of) a Catalyst function (e.g. Comms)
- Task Forces are temporary member groups which take on a specific task for Catalyst 2030 (e.g. writing a report)
- Secretariat supports the organisation
For an overview, visit the Organisation page.
What are the United Nations Sustainable Development Goals (UN - SDGs)?
The 17 Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs), also known as the Global Goals, are part of the 2030 Agenda for Sustainable Development. They include 169 targets that all UN Member States have agreed to work towards achieving by the year 2030. More information on the SDGs can be found here.
How will Catalyst 2030 help to accelerate the SDGs?
Being a growing collective of social innovators, Catalyst 2030 will facilitate the building of meaningful partnerships across regions, sectors and causes, amongst multiple stakeholders.
Catalyst 2030 has a dual objective of both changing the ecosystem and catalysing collaborations supported by a solid movement foundation.
- Catalyse Collaboration: Improve connectivity and transparency between social entrepreneurs to achieve more partnerships and projects that accelerate progress of the SDGs.
- Change the Ecosystem: Advocate with system partners for improvement of the ecosystem and changing the wider appreciation of what social entrepreneurs can bring.
- Fuel the Movement: Engage external stakeholders to showcase achievements of the movement.
- Build and Maintain the Movement Foundation: Co-create and operate the Catalyst 2030 support infrastructure, keep the movement thriving and members focused on impact.